Sebastian is an Associate in the firm’s litigation department, having joined the firm in 2018. His practice covers Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Insolvency & Restructuring, Corporate & Commercial, Trusts & Foundations, Private Client matters, and Real Estate.
Sebastian also has a wealth of advocacy experience, conducting over 300 hearings during his time at his former law firm before both the County Courts and High Courts of London in England, as well as having appeared before the Magistrates Court, the Supreme Court, and the Court of Appeal of the Bahamas. In 2020 Sebastian assisted Lennox Paton in winning the 2020 Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP) Moot team as a research and advocacy assistant.
Examples of recent work:
- Appeared before the Court of Appeal defending an appeal against a decision of a Supreme Court Judge not to recuse themselves.
- Advising and assisting senior attorney on a multi-jurisdictional restructuring issue concerning a large insurance company, including advising the Judicial Manager on the proper priority of distributions and how to deal with specific assets held on trust.
- Assisting senior attorney with the enforcement of a foreign judgment.
- Assisting senior attorney with the prosecution of a bankruptcy and advising on a highly technical matter in an area with limited authority.
- Assisting senior attorney with the preparation of documents and discovery and in conducting a claim against a former administrator of a large estate for improper remuneration, inter alia.
- Assisting and advising senior attorneys on various matters concerning a complex trust dispute, including whether the estate of a deceased discretionary beneficiary retains their interest.