Ramonne is highly experienced in commercial and civil litigation, including insolvency and restructuring, company, trust, contract and personal injury claims. He has appeared as junior counsel in both the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal of The Bahamas.
In 2015, Ramonne was nominated for a National Youth award and in 2016, he was recognized by Professional Service magazine as being one of the top 40 Bahamians under the age of 40. In 2018 and 2019, Ramonne was a part of winning Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP) Moot teams serving as a research assistant and lead advocate, respectively.
Ramonne is a member of the Bahamas Bar Association, Young ICCA – International Council for Commercial Arbitration and AIJA-International Association of Young Lawyers.
Examples of recent work
- Acting for a borrower in obtaining an injunction against a lender restraining arbitration proceedings
- Acting for a Judicial Trustee in contentious trust proceedings
- Assisted with research in relation to an Expert Report in Jersey on issues of Bahamian company, charity and trust law
- Appearing as junior counsel for a resort developer in relation to striking out a claim initiated by a trade union
- Appearing as junior counsel in a multijurisdictional asset tracing claim in The Bahamas concerning numerous IBCs
- Appearing as junior counsel in an application to vary a trust deed.