Nateisha L. Anderson-Bain is a Senior Associate in the Real Estate Group in our Nassau office. She joined the firm in 2013 and specialises in representing purchasers and vendors in buying and selling residential and commercial property, as well as representing mortgagees and mortgagors in secured financing transactions.
Nateisha also focuses on resort and condominium development, including all aspects of acquisition, financing, regulatory approvals, master planning, sales programmes and the drafting of heads of agreements. Her practice extends generally to private client, corporate, commercial, estate planning and residency matters.
Most notably, Nateisha assisted with the representation of Export-Import Bank of China and Deloitte & Touche in the distressed sale of the $2.5 billion Baha Mar Resort, the mezzanine secured lenders in a $1.75 billion refinancing of the Atlantis Resort, and Access Industries Inc in the $150 million purchase of the One&Only Ocean Club in The Bahamas.
Nateisha was highlighted in Future Leaders magazine in the UK as one of the Top 100 Most Outstanding Students and New Graduates 2012-13, where she was recognised for her academic accomplishments and contribution to the community. In 2019, Nateisha was selected as a recipient of the “40 under 40 Most Influential and Successful Professionals in The Bahamas” award by Professional Services Bahamas.
Examples of recent work
- Assisted in representing Export-Import Bank of China and Deloitte Touche in the sale of the $2.5 billion Baha Mar Resort in New Providence
- Assisted in representing German American Capital Corporation (Deutsche Bank), Morgan Stanley Bank N.A. and Citigroup Global Market Realty Corporation as senior and mezzanine lenders in a $1.75 billion secured loan concerning the refinancing of the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island.
- Assisted in representing Access Industries Inc in the $150 million acquisition of the One & Only Ocean Club Resort on Paradise Island.
- Assisting in the master planning for the $250 million mixed-use residential, office and retail development known as Hurricane Hole on Paradise Island.
- Assisted in representing Bank of America N.A. in a $85 million securitised loan of the One & Only Ocean Club Resort on Paradise Island.
- Representing a secured lender in a $35 million financing of a development project in Harbour Island.
- Represented Sterling Hurricane Hole Ltd. in the $20 million acquisition of the Hurricane Hole Land, Marina and Fuel Dock located on Paradise Island.
- Representing vendors in the $17 million sale of property on Rose Island.
- Represented secured lenders in an $18 million and $13 million financing of a development project on Paradise Island.
- Assisted in representing the purchaser in a $15 million property acquisition in Harbour Island.
- Represented the mortgagee in a $14 million secured financing of a hotel in New Providence.
- Acted for the purchaser of an $11 million cay in Abaco.
- Acting for the vendor in a $10 million sale of property in the Western District of New Providence.
- Assisting in representing the purchaser of a $9 million property in Old Fort Bay Subdivision, New Providence.
- Acted for the vendor in a $6 million sale of a unit in the Ocean Club Residences & Marina, Paradise Island.
- Representing the purchasers in a $5 million acquisition of land in Elbow Cay for future development.
- Acted for the purchaser in the acquisition of $4.5 million condominium project in New Providence and assisted with the drafting of the declaration of condominium and sales programme documents.
- Acted for various purchasers and vendors in the sale and acquisition of properties and units in New Providence, Paradise Island and the family islands, including acquisitions within Ocean Club Estates, Ocean Club Residences & Marina, Old Fort Bay, Lyford Cay, Albany, and Sandyport.
- Acted for mortgagees and mortgagors in various secured financing transactions.
- Drafted heads of agreements, hotels encouragement act agreements and various regulatory applications to the Bahamas Investment Authority and Exchange Control Department of the Central Bank of The Bahamas, with respect to all aspects of foreign direct investment, acquisition, financing and corporate restructuring.