Nateisha L. Bain is an associate in the Real Estate Group in our Nassau office. She joined the firm in 2013 and specialises in representing purchasers and vendors in buying and selling residential and commercial property, as well as representing mortgagees and mortgagors in secured financing transactions.
Nateisha also focuses on resort and condominium development, including all aspects of acquisition, financing, regulatory approvals, master planning, sales programmes and the drafting of heads of agreements. Her practice extends generally to private client, corporate, commercial, estate planning and residency matters.
Some of Nateisha’s most notable transactions in her career to date include assisting with the representation of a secured lender in the sale and transfer of a mixed-use, multi-brand mega resort in New Providence; representing mezzanine secured lenders in a $1.65 billion refinancing transaction of another multi-use mega resort in The Bahamas; and assisting with the representation of the purchasers of a $150 million luxury hotel and resort in The Bahamas.
Nateisha was highlighted in Future Leaders magazine in the UK as one of the Top 100 Most Outstanding Students and New Graduates 2012-13, where she was recognised for her academic accomplishments and contribution to the community.
Examples of recent work
- Assisted in representing a secured lender in the sale and transfer of a $2.45 billion mixed-use, multi-brand mega resort in New Providence
- Assisted in representing mezzanine secured lenders in a $1.65 billion refinancing transaction of a multi-use mega resort in The Bahamas
- Assisted in representing the purchasers in a $150 million acquisition of a luxury hotel and resort in The Bahamas
- Assisted in representing the purchaser in a $15 million property acquisition in Harbour Island, The Bahamas
- Represented the mortgagee in a $14 million secured financing of a hotel in New Providence, The Bahamas
- Acted for the vendor in a $6 million sale of a unit in the Ocean Club Resort & Marina, Paradise Island
- Acted for the purchaser in the acquisition of $4.5 million condominium project in New Providence and assisted with the drafting of the declaration of condominium and sales programme documents
- Represented the purchaser in a $1.8 million acquisition of a cay in The Bahamas.
- Acted for various purchasers and vendors in the sale and acquisition of properties and units in New Providence, Paradise Island and the family islands, including acquisitions within Ocean Club Estates, Ocean Club Resort & Marina, Lyford Cay, Albany, and Sandyport.
- Acted for mortgagees and mortgagors in various secured financing transactions
- Drafted heads of agreements and various regulatory applications to the Bahamas Investment Authority and Exchange Control Department of the Central Bank of The Bahamas, with respect to all aspects of foreign direct investment, acquisition, financing and corporate restructuring