Arthur is head of the firm’s Trusts and Foundations Group.
He has vast experience of the Bahamian legal system and government departments. He started his career as an assistant crown counsel at the Office of the Attorney General, doing both chambers and court work on a wide range of corporate, property and commercial matters.
Arthur has an established local and international clientele, consisting of both private individuals and financial and other institutions. His reputation and work in private wealth is consistently recognised in the Chambers High Net Worth Guide where he is ranked as a leading individual. He is described by clients as “smart, insightful, experienced, diligent and very professional“.
Examples of recent work
- Advising a family office on a wide array of corporate and trust law issues
- Advising a high net worth family on succession planning in the light of UK inheritance tax implications
- Advising a local bank on forms of precedent documents with regard to CRS and FATCA
- Successfully representing the joint official liquidators of an offshore bank in a court application by a director seeking to set aside an order obtained against him by the liquidators
- Successfully representing the joint executors in contentious probate proceedings where an estate beneficiary was challenging maintenance provisions and seeking to have the executors removed.
- Successfully representing a beneficiary under a Trust in a challenge made by family members of the deceased settlor – The beneficiary received a distribution of the trust assets totaling in excess of $30 million