Aquelle is an Associate in the firm’s Litigation department and works directly under Brian Simms KC, Senior Partner and Head of Litigation. Her practice covers corporate and commercial litigation, contractual disputes, insolvency and restructuring, trust disputes, and fraud cases.
Aquelle has appeared as a junior counsel in both the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal of the Commonwealth The Bahamas.
Examples of recent work:
- Assisted Senior Attorneys with the conduct of an application before the Supreme Court for the recognition and right of a foreign representative to act in The Bahamas on behalf of or in the name of a Group of Companies comprising of 13 Foreign Companies that were under liquidation.
- Assisted and appeared alongside Senior Attorneys as Junior Counsel with an application before the Supreme Court of The Bahamas for the enforcement of a foreign judgment relating to foreign bankruptcy proceedings of a trust estate.
- Assisted Senior Attorneys with research on contentious and complex trust disputes involving numerous applications before the Court.
- Assisted and appeared alongside Senior Attorneys as Junior Counsel in successfully defending clients against an interlocutory application for specific disclosure involving a contractual dispute.
- Assisted Senior Attorneys with conducting research and successfully bringing an action for specific disclosure involving a company and contractual dispute.
- During her pupillage, Aquelle presented on the topic “Legal Issues Pertaining to Women: Women’s Rights -Inheritance Laws (Citizenship) – Wills, Trusts” at the COGOP Bahamas National Women’s Annual Summit.