Valdere J. Murphy is an Associate in the firm’s Litigation Group. Since joining the Firm in 2018, he regularly appears as lead and junior counsel before the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal.
Valdere has a keen interest in insolvency and restructuring, asset tracing, injunctive relief, corporate and contractual disputes, admiralty and trust litigation.
He has experience in representing both individual and institutional clients at all stages of litigation, including interlocutory applications (such as injunctive relief), at trial and on appeal. Valdere has also gained noteworthy experience in cross-border insolvency and restructuring matters since joining the Firm.
Valdere is currently the Chair of the Young Lawyers Group of Multilaw for the Caribbean/Offshore Region.
Examples of recent work
- Currently assisting lead counsel with advising and acting on behalf of the Joint Provisional Liquidators of FTX Digital Markets Ltd. (‘In Provisional Liquidation’).
- Acting on behalf of Hot Pancakes Ltd and CS& P SA, a Cypriot and Panamanian company respectively in legal proceedings concerning a dispute over among other things, $30M in frozen funds held in a local bank account.
- Assisted lead counsel in relation to a just and equitable winding up Petition involving Bahamian Mutual Funds and Delaware Feeder Funds on behalf of minority shareholders.
- Assisted lead counsel in successfully defending an action against the enforcement of a foreign judgement in excess of $5 million.
- Advising and acting on behalf of an international regulatory body in relation to the enforcement of foreign judgements in The Bahamas.