Valdere J. Murphy is an Associate in our Commercial Litigation Department. Since joining the Firm in 2018, Valdere regularly appears as junior counsel before the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal.
Valdere has a keen interest in insolvency and restructuring, corporate and contractual disputes and trust litigation and currently works directly under Brian Simms QC and Sophia Rolle-Kapousouzoglou on a wide-range of civil and commercial litigation matters.
Examples of recent work
- Assisted lead counsel in relation to a just and equitable winding up Petition involving Bahamian Mutual Funds and Delaware Feeder Funds on behalf of minority shareholders.
- Assisted lead counsel in successfully defending an action against the enforcement of a foreign judgement in excess of $5 million.
- Assisting lead counsel in advising and acting on behalf of an international regulatory body in relation to the enforcement of foreign judgements in The Bahamas.
- Advising and acting on behalf of a US based tyre company in relation to debt recovery from a local tyre company.
- Advising and acting on behalf of a local resort in relation to a regulatory complaint against an electricity provider in The Bahamas.