Tonesa is an Associate in the firm’s Litigation Department having joined the Firm in January 2021. Her practice focuses on Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Insolvency & Restructuring, Corporate & Commercial, Trusts & Foundations. She works directly under Marco Turnquest and Sophia Rolle-Kapousouzoglou on a wide-range of civil and commercial litigation matters.
Recent work examples:
- UBS (Bahamas) Ltd (in voluntary liquidation) v. Junkanoo Estates Ltd et al. – assisting and conducting research for lead counsel for UBS in the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal and Privy Council in this multi-million dollar property and share trading dispute.
- Bettas Ltd v HSBC (Bahamas) Ltd et al – assisting and conducting research for lead counsel for Bettas Ltd in the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal in a breach of mandate claim against the defendants.
- Clico (Bahamas) Ltd (in liquidation) – assisting lead counsel for the liquidator of a substantial insurance and property portfolio.
- Banque Havilland (Bahamas) Ltd v. Christophe Mazurier et al – assisting lead counsel for Bank Havilland Bahamas Ltd in relation to its multi-million dollar claim against certain former directors for, inter alia, breach of fiduciary duties.
- Assisted lead counsel in relation to Quieting Petition involving multi-million-dollar property development.
- Assisted lead counsel in relation to excluded beneficiaries in complex trust dispute.
- Assisting senior attorney with the enforcement of a foreign judgment.
- Assisted senior attorney with company restoration application.