Olivia is a litigation associate in the Nassau office, having joined the firm in 2013 for her pupillage. She has worked as a junior on numerous cases, one of the most notable being the liquidation and receivership of a multi-billion dollar resort located in The Bahamas.
Olivia’s diverse practice includes insolvency, corporate and commercial litigation, complex commercial arbitrations, and trust and estate litigation. She prides herself on meeting critical deadlines, being highly efficient and reliable, and on her ability to handle complex research requests.
Olivia has regularly appeared at both the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal level and is involved in numerous high profile and high net worth cases. Notably, she appeared as counsel and attorney-at law on one of the first applications for recognition by foreign liquidator in The Bahamas under the new winding-up regime. She also appeared in one of the first applications for the remittal of assets in an ancillary liquidation in The Bahamas.
Examples of recent work
- In the matter of Caledonian Bank – acted as co-counsel on behalf of an insolvent commercial bank in commencing the first ancillary liquidation under the new Company Liquidation Rules, 2012, and commencing an application for remittance of funds collected in an ancillary liquidation to the foreign main proceedings
- In the matter of Anthony O’Reilly – defending a multi-jurisdictional request for a composition with creditors and subsequent bankruptcy of a multi-billionaire
- Section 77 Trustee application for directions and disclosure of information
- Assisted in preparing an expert legal opinion for international use at international insolvency proceedings of a large international commercial bank
- Acted as co-counsel on behalf of a shareholder in a derivative action claim for rectification of a share register and obtained an injunction against other shareholders acting fraudulently.
- Acted as co-counsel on behalf of an investor group and a family office fund in several commercial arbitrations concerning share pledge contracts and instances of default.
- Assisted in acting on behalf of beneficiaries in a claim against the protector, trustee and other beneficiaries of a complex trust structure with complex legal issues, including an anti-suit injunction and wilful default under the common law
- In the matter of AWH Fund Limited – service out of the jurisdiction under the Bankruptcy Rules and old companies liquidation regime