Megan is an associate in the firm’s Financial Services and Corporate practice groups and is based in The Bahamas.
Megan’s areas of practice include corporate and commercial, banking, securities and probate law. She advises on a broad range of banking, securities and governmental and corporate regulatory requirements in The Bahamas. Megan’s most recent experience includes advising multinational companies on Value Added Tax in The Bahamas and the implementation of the Common Reporting Standard in The Bahamas.
Megan co-authored the 2016 and 2017 International Union for Conservation of Nature E-Journal Country Reports for The Bahamas on legislative and common law development surrounding environmental issues in The Bahamas. Megan has also assisted in drafting by-laws for the Bahamas National Trust, which, once completed, will be placed before the Parliament of The Bahamas.
Examples of recent work
- Advising on banking and securities regulatory law
- Advising foreign securities firm on offering investments and securities advice in The Bahamas
- Advising on the regulatory requirements for establishing financial institution in The Bahamas
- Advising on the regulatory requirements for establishing businesses in The Bahamas
- Advising on Bahamian exchange control regulations