McFalloughn currently works within our Litigation Group, having joined the firm in 2018. McFalloughn has assisted with and has experience in the following areas of law: commercial and general litigation claims, including contracts, banking, insolvency, fraud, personal injury, negligence, employment, equitable claims and family law.
He has appeared as junior counsel in both the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal of The Bahamas.
Examples of recent work
- Assisting Senior Attorney and successfully appearing as Junior Counsel before Court of Appeal on behalf of the Judicial Trustee in contesting an application that the Judicial Trustee be restrained from taking any further steps authorised by and in furtherance of an Ex Parte Order made by Winder J
- Assisting Senior Attorney in conducting research and appearing as junior counsel with defending numerous actions commenced by employees and the dependents of employees for damages for personal injury and loss of dependency under the Fatal Accident Act following the impact of a tornado in Freeport
- Assisting Senior Attorney and appearing as junior counsel in defending a leading financial institution against a multi-million dollar suit commenced against it for breach of contract
- Assisting Senior Attorney in defending a major home development company against a multi-million dollar suit commenced against it for breach of contract
- Assisted with research and appeared with Senior Attorney in an application to discharge ex parte Mareva Injunction
- Assisting Senior Attorney and successfully appearing as junior counsel in application before Stewart J to injunct spouse from removing children out of the jurisdiction on The Bahamas without the other parent’s consent
- Assisted Senior Attorney with research and appearing as junior counsel in application to obtain Norwich Pharmacal