Laura is a senior associate in our Nassau office, working in the firm’s Shipping and Corporate and Commercial Groups. She joined the firm in May 2003 and worked 8 years in our London office.
Laura provides advice to ship owning groups, international law firms and large syndicates of banks on a variety of shipping and ship finance transactions, including vessel registration, bareboat registration, vessel re-flagging, sale and purchase, incorporation of ship owning SPVs, re-financings, and ship mortgage registration.
She maintains a close working relationship with the Bahamas Maritime Authority in London, Nassau, New York and Hong Kong.
Laura also advises international corporate clients on a range of corporate and financial matters.
Examples of recent work
- Advised a leading bank on a $894.375m financing for 34 Bahamian flagged vessels
- Advising a leading banking institution on a $600m financing in relation to 19 Bahamian flagged vessels
- Advised a leading financial institution on a $450m bond offering for 113 Bahamian flagged vessels
- Advising a syndicate of financial institutions on a £172m financing in relation to four Bahamian flagged vessels
- Advised a syndicate of financial institutions on a $173.25m financing for six Bahamian flagged vessels
- Advised a leading financial institution on a $100m common unit offering for 49 Bahamian flagged vessels
- Advised certain financial institutions on the financing of LNG newbuild vessels
- Advised a leading financial institution on a $1.15bn and $775m note issuance and $500m $350m and $200m facilities in relation to Bahamian ship security
- Assisted a leading financial institution on a $2bn and £500m secured lending transaction
- Advised a leading foreign firm and related parties on the registration and financing and local legislation applicable to a floating LNG structure
- Advised foreign lenders on foreign law mergers and Bahamian ship security
- Advised a leading financial institution on shipping, physical trading and environmental liability in The Bahamas
- Advised ship owners and foreign banking institutions generally on vessel registrations, bareboat registration, changes of ownership, re-flagging, ship mortgage registrations, discharges and transfers, and ship mortgage enforcement
- Assisted foreign clients generally on corporate matters and financing transactions involving the taking of local share security