Kharin was called to the Bar of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas in October 2012 and joined Lennox Paton’s Litigation and Insolvency and Restructuring Group in November 2012. Her practice at that time covered a range of commercial and civil litigation including insolvency matters, personal injury, negligence claims, employment claims, and mortgage and building disputes. She appeared as counsel in both the Supreme Court as well as the Court of Appeal of The Bahamas.
In May 2017 Kharin joined the firm’s Real Estate Group where she has represented both local and international clients in the sale and acquisition of residential and commercial property. Kharin has experience in representing financial institutions in secured financing transactions for individual and corporate clients and also in advising on regulatory approval required for international clients. Her background in litigation provides a good foundation for advising on transactional matters.
Examples of recent work:
- Completing conveyancing and mortgage transactions for both individual and corporate clients;
- Advising non-Bahamian clients on regulatory approvals concerning their acquisition and use of Bahamian land;
- Advising on immigration matters relative to the transition of management in International Bahamian companies;
- Acting for private mortgagees in various secured financing transactions;
- Acting on behalf of a Condominium Association in the exercise of its statutory rights against delinquent unit owners.