Jonathan is an Associate in the Litigation Department of the BVI office. Jonathan is experienced in acting for a range of clients from private individuals and entrepreneurs to major corporations. He specialises and routinely handles and advises on large scale commercial disputes, including; corporate and commercial disputes, insolvency act disputes, and professional negligence claims. Jonathan’s practice often has an international and cross-jurisdictional element, and he has acted for clients and teams all over the world.
Prior to joining Lennox Paton, Jonathan worked for a ‘leading-disputes focused firm’ based in Lincoln’s Inn, London. He also spent time in-house for Jones Lang LaSalle, as a legal secondee in 2015. Jonathan trained and qualified at a top 20 UK law firm.
Examples of recent work:
- Acting as the lead associate for a global car manufacturer in a breach of warranty claim with a supplier, for a claim value of EUR 85 million.
- Representing a high-profile luxury London casino in over a dozen matters, which included: (i) obtaining worldwide freezing injunctions against substantial debtors to the club, (ii) successfully negotiating and settling multi-million disputes on confidential terms, and, (iii) advising in relation to multi-jurisdictional litigation and enforcement in Italy, Hong Kong, Singapore, China, and the British Virgin Islands.
- Acting for a gaming company listed on the AIM market in London in respect of multiple commercial and shareholder disputes with ex-suppliers based in Malta and other overseas jurisdictions. This was a multi-party matter involving litigation across the Chancery Division, Queen’s Bench Division, and Court of Appeal.
- Acting for an entrepreneur in a EUR 320 million claim against a Swiss bank for a breach of guarantee, relating to a £2 billion development in Canary Wharf, London.
- Acting for an ex-Premier League and international footballer in a s994 unfair prejudice petition against his brother and associated companies, and achieving settlement on the third day of trial on confidential terms.
- Representing a director in a dispute with an insolvency practitioner relating to allegations of preference payments and transactions at undervalue, and successfully negotiating a confidential settlement on favourable terms for his client.