Jamie is an associate in the firm’s Real Estate Group in Nassau. He joined the firm in 2016 and focuses on legal master planning of mixed-use developments, with particular expertise in out-island projects. He also has a fast-growing transactional practice.
Examples of recent work
- Assisted in advising transferee in $100m+ share transfer and joint venture agreement regarding a mixed-use development in the Exuma Cays, The Bahamas
- Handled acquisition of land for expansion of mixed-use resort and marina in Grand Bahama
- Handled annexation of newly acquired land to fall within the umbrella of existing investment incentives and concessions
- Advised boutique resorts in Abaco and Andros on expansion and relevant investment incentives
- Negotiation with Bahamas Investment Board for concessions under the Hotels Encouragement Act
- Advised liquidators on regulatory and title issues regarding Bahamian real estate assets of insurance company in liquidation