Helen is an Associate in the Litigation Department of the BVI office. Helen has experience in multi-jurisdictional insolvency and asset recovery proceedings; acting for government authorities, financial institutions, international corporations and high-net worth individuals.
Helen has an international background and speaks fluent Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese. Prior to joining LXP, Helen trained at a Top 50 UK firm where she was seconded to the Bahrain office, followed by qualification into the London Litigation practice.
Recent work examples:
- International Banking Corporation (in administration) v Ahmed Hamad Algosaibi & Brothers & Others – Acted as the Central Bank appointed administrator, working directly with local counsels in sophisticated and emerging jurisdictions to enforce foreign judgments and recover assets in a multi-billion fraud case, and one of the largest Ponzi schemes in history.
- Represented a Saudi client in enforcing a DIFC arbitral award through English court proceedings against a Qatari company, and prepared contingent application to counter asset dissipation risks.
- Advised a Greek shipping client on its UNCLOS rights and issued court claims in Oman upon an unlawful seizure of vessel in Omani waters.
- Acted for a Maltese bank in a London arbitration case involving a steel supply chain dispute over COVID-19 related delays.
- Represented a Malaysian state-owned entity in petitioning the winding-up of a UK technology company in the English High Court.
- Advised a UK financial institution on its rights to enforce security against charged properties which were subject to the overreaching power of sale in receivership.
- Acted on behalf of a high-net-worth individual in a UK Supreme Court case related to establishing enfranchisement rights in leasehold properties under English laws.