Dwight joined the firm in 2012 and is a senior associate in our Litigation Group. His experience covers a wide range of civil litigation matters, including banking, finance, securities and equity litigation; admiralty and shipping proceedings; personal injury negligence claims; fraud; contentious probate, trust and real property matters; and employment disputes.
Before joining Lennox Paton, Dwight worked for another large corporate firm in the Bahamas. His work experience has included practising in the litigation department of one of the top five law firms in Beijing, China, where he assisted in corporate disputes between foreign and Chinese investors. He is fluent in Spanish and also speaks French and Mandarin Chinese.
Examples of recent work
- Successfully defended an investment company in litigation involving mortgaged shares in an American company registered on a United Kingdom exchange that were sold to third parties in Canada and Hong Kong
- Obtained judgment for an investment bank against a client in a dispute arising from a margin loan facility in which shares were held as security
- Successfully represented a major international bank in an action involving the construction of a trust
- Obtained a declaration in favour of a developer of a mixed-use family island resort in a land title dispute
- Successfully represented a resort in an action against a local council and the central government of The Bahamas in a land title dispute. The relief obtained included an injunction against the government to stop the construction of a building.
- Successfully represented a real estate developer in a restrictive covenant building dispute with a homeowner
- Represented business establishments in termination disputes involving managers and ordinary employees.
- Prepared and reviewed employee handbooks for a major business establishment