Dwayne advises on a broad range of corporate and financing transactions, including private M&A, corporate restructurings, joint ventures, private equity investments and secured and unsecured corporate asset and project financing. Dwayne’s practice also extends to financial services, tax reporting and other regulatory advisory matters, including banking and securities regulation, FATCA and CRS and foreign direct investment. Dwayne regularly advises corporates and financial institutions, as well as private clients and their financial advisors.
Dwayne was the lead associate on Bank of Communications Co Ltd’s acquisition of 80% of Brazilian bank, Banco BBM SA, a deal which won China Business Law Journal’s Deals of the Year for 2015.
Dwayne also advised Catterton Partners on the acquisition of beauty, wellness and education conglomerate, and NASDAQ listed, Steiner Leisure Limited. Dwayne’s advice encompassed both the corporate side of the transaction, including the merger of two Bahamian entities and the financing side, including with respect to the grant of security.
Dwayne regularly advises the Inter-American Development Bank with respect to secured and unsecured financing provided by it to businesses in The Bahamas.
Examples of recent work
- Advised the Inter-American Development Bank in granting loans to Commonwealth Bottling Company and APD Limited, in respect of solar-power generation projects.
- Advised Catterton Partners on the both the acquisition of beauty, wellness and education conglomerate, Steiner Leisure Limited, involving the merger of Bahamian entities, and the financing of the acquisition.
- Advised Bank of Communications Co Ltd with respect to Bahamian law in respect of its acquisition of 80% of Brazilian bank, Banco BBM SA, winner of China Business Law Journal’s Deals of the Year 2015.
- Advised BTG Pactual SA with respect to Bahamian law in respect of its acquisition of Swiss bank BSI Bank and subsequent ongoing obligations under Bahamian law.
- Advised Wells Fargo NA with respect to subscription financing transaction granted to a private equity firm involving a Bahamian International Business Company.
- Advised large Chilean bank with respect to the grant of financing of a ship building facility to a Bahamian International Business Company and registration of vessel under Bahamian law.
- Advised large family office on the restructuring of family’s estate and succession planning.
- Advises Bahamian offshore banks and trust companies on FATCA and CRS due diligence and reporting obligations, including review of client’s relationships and establishment of framework of review of accounts and reporting.
- Advised international real estate company with respect to obtaining trademarks and licensing name for use in The Bahamas.
- Advising offshore bank with respect to the conversion of an Investment Fund from an International Business Company structure to an Investment Condominium.